Pastel eyeshadows have been making a serious impression this year (thanks, mermaidcore). And ever since these dreamy looks started popping up on TikTok, we haven’t been able to look away. There are so many diff ways to rock a pastel hue (duochrome, anyone?). That’s why we found the best makeup inspo so you can live your soft girl dreams.
@nazliayunus Angelic makeup tutorial 💕 #angelicmakeup #douyinmakeuptutorial #koreanmakeuplook #glittermakeuptutorial #makeuptutorial #sparklymakeuplook #angelmakeuptutorial #dreamymakeup #softmakeuptutorial ♬ yes to heaven – sped up – INDRAGERSN
This look truly is angelic. The soft baby pinks?! The highlight?! It’s like a baby pink rose under the moonlight. To get the look, Nazlia used a few different products. If you want the exact look, check out Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Ripple and Frog and this amaze glitter gel in the shade Distortion.
1. After applying eye primer, blend the glitter gel across the eyelid.
2. Apply Ripple to the middle of your eyelid and blend.
3. Layer Frog and blend across the entire eyelid.
4. Add more glitter gel into the inner corner.
5. Use a thicker glitter, such as Lemonhead LA’s Spacejam in White Rabbit.
@karla.fda @glambyfnda 🧚🏻✨ #fairymakeup #fyp #tutorial #makeup ♬ ceilings – Sped Up Version – Lizzy McAlpine
If you’re a fairycore girlie, this magical blue/green/shimmer look is for you. To create the look, follow these steps:
P.S. Karla uses this palette, but we also love Colourpop’s Obvi, MAC’s #Humblebrag and Triennial Wave for this look.
1. In the inner corner through the middle of your eyelid, apply and blend a light green eyeshadow.
2. Blend a lavender shadow into the outer corner.
3. Apply and blend a sky blue eyeshadow into the inner corner and outer corner.
4. Apply glitter in the inner corner of your eye and your lower lashline. For this, we love Lemonhead LA’s Spacepaste in Discotech.
5. Add a second layer of glitter confetti to your inner and outer corner. We’d recommend LA’s Spacejam in Interstella.
We’re crushing on this luxe lavender look. Alina used Colourpop’s Lilac You a Lot and Bon Voyage palettes.
1. Apply Ghostin’ to the outer corner of your eye.
2. Next, take the shade Iffy and apply to the middle of your eyelid and blend until it extends into the outer corner.
3. Apply the shade Filtered onto the middle and outer corner and blend. *Lots* of layering in this look.
4. It’s glitter time. Alina uses bPerfect’s Elysium to create a purple shimmer in the middle of her eye. We also love Urban Decay’s Moondust eyeshadow in Glitter Rock.
5. In the inner corner, apply a white eyeshadow. Alina uses Guardian from the Bon Voyage palette.
6. Line your lower lash line with Guardian and Iffy.
7. Complete the look with the shade Fluffy in the inner corner and lower lashline for a pop of sparkle.
If you aren’t convinced yet, you might wanna peep this YouTube tutorial for five different looks. While there are so many different pastel eyeshadows out there, Colourpop’s In a Trance and the Natasha Denona Pastel Eyeshadow palettes are everything pastel dreams are made of.
Show us your favorite eyeshadow looks @girlslifemag!
For more beauty inspo, check out these posts:
💖 Dramatic blush is in for summer: Here’s how to get the look
💖 Metallic eyeshadow is the ultimate summer beauty trend
💖 How to elevate your basic half-up half-down hairstyle
Top and slider image @merry.laney