As the weather heats up and the school year ends, it’s time to celebrate the start of summer. Vacations and pool parties are all about having a good time, so don’t struggle to find the right caption to use when posting about your adventures. Sure, you can simply use emojis or factually describe what your social media images show, but half the fun of posting is coming up with a clever summer caption.
Throwing a summer party or doing a summer craft kit is all fun and games until it comes to sharing the photos with your loved ones. And while a picture is worth a thousand words, wouldn’t you like to use a few to describe the fun you’re having?
Whether you’ve got three months’ worth of concert tickets, beach days, or decorating projects planned, we have the 80 best summer captions for every kind of activity—from witty remarks and puns to on-theme phrases.
More From House Beautiful
Summer Captions to Use on Vacation
- To the adventure of a lifetime!
- Does anyone know where I can find more vacation days?
- Keep calm and travel on.
- Paradise isn’t a place. It’s a feeling.
- Vacation mode: on.
- Living on island time.
- Consider this my formal request for a six-month vacation, twice a year.
- Maxing out my vacation days.
- If you need me, I’ll be under the sun.
- Paradise found.
- Happy as a clam.
Quotes About Summer
- “I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” —F.Scott Fitzgerald
- “Everything good, everything magical, happens between the months of June and August.” —Jenny Han
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” —Williams Carlos Williams
- “Summer has a flavor like no other. Always fresh and simmered in sunshine.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” —Charles Bowden
- “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different.” —John Steinbeck
- “I wonder what it would like to live in a world where it was always June.” —L. M. Montgomery
- “It was June, and the world smelled of roses.” —Maud Hart Lovelace
- “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” —Kelle Elmore
- “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” —William Shakespeare
- “And the summer seems as though it would dream on forever.” —Elizabeth von Arnim
- “May summer last a hundred years.” —Frances Mayes
Summer Song Lyrics
- “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine. It’s summertime.” —Kenny Chesney
- “Here comes the sun, and I say, it’s all right.” —The Beatles
- “I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.” —Natasha Bedingfield
- “Summer days drifting away to, oh, oh, those summer nights.” —Grease
- “On an island in the sun, we’ll be playing and having fun, and it makes me feel so fine, I can’t control my brain.” —Weezer
- “Summer, summer, summertime. Time to kick back and unwind.” —Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- “Cause I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good song in my feet.” —Justin Timberlake
- “I ain’t never gonna beat this summer with you.” —Brad Paisley
- “Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, on a blanket with my baby is where I’ll be.” —The Drifters
- “I’m gonna soak up the sun, I’m gonna tell everyone to lighten up.” —Sheryl Crow
- “Everybody’s gone surfin’, surfin’ U.S.A.” —The Beach Boys
Summer Captions for Every Day
- Keepin’ it reel.
- The ocean has the friendliest wave!
- Spending my days catching some rays.
- Couldn’t love you s’more.
- Suns out, hamburger buns out.
- No shoes, no worries.
- Summer loving, had me a blast!
- Sweet sunny disposition.
- My happy season!
- Life’s better in flip-flops.
- Hello, grill season!
- What time is it? Summertime!
- Living for these summer days and summer nights.
- Sunshine is my medicine of choice.
- Dog days of summer.
- Blue skies, sunshine, everything’s fine.
- Stay salty.
- I love you, summer and piña coladas.
- Summer, don’t be shy. Stay awhile!
- Catch me at all the barbecues this summer!
- Tan lines are just kisses from the sun.
- Girls just wanna have sun!
- Beach hair, don’t care.
- Catch me by the A.C. unit all day.
- You’re one in a watermelon.
- Hanging with my grill-friends.
- Summer needs a speeding ticket because it’s going too fast.
- The lobster to my roll.
- What’s winter?
Summer Captions for Your Next Beach Day
- Seas the day.
- Don’t worry, beach happy.
- Life’s a beach.
- Happiness comes in waves.
- Keep palm and carry on.
- Shell yeah!
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- I’m an aquaholic.
- Namast’ay at the beach.
- We mermaid for each other.
- Beach bum.
- Shell-abrate good times.
- Getting my daily dose of vitamin Sea.
- Beach, please!
- Good times and tan lines.
Kate McGregor is House Beautiful’s SEO Editor. She has covered everything from curated decor round-ups and shopping guides, to glimpses into the home lives of inspiring creatives, for publications such as ELLE Decor, Domino, and Architectural Digest’s Clever.